Factors Determining Speed of Movement
- React Ability – The ability to react to our changing environment.
- Motor Coordination – The harmonious functioning of body parts that involve movement, including gross motor movement, fine motor movement, and motor planning.
- Muscular Endurance – The ability of a muscle or group of muscles to sustain repeated contractions against resistance for an extended period of time. It is one component of muscular fitness, along with muscular strength and power.
- Force – The ability to change an object’s state, rest, or motion.
- Strength – The ability of a person to exert a force on physical objects using their muscles.
- External Conditions – Outside influences that can affect athletic performance, such as weather or field conditions.